OCI CARD RENEWAL: ONLINE UPDATE OR PHYSICAL RENEWAL
You need a physical renewal of the OCI Card if your OCI was issued before the age of 20 and now you
are 20+ (only once you renew your passport after crossing 20)
Only Online photo and Passport update is required if you are below 20 and got a new passport.
Only Online photo and Passport update is required if you crossed 50 and got a new passport.
Documents Checklist OCI CARD RENEWAL: Copies Only
• Foreign Passport (Copy of front bio and signature page)
• Driver License or Utility bill (must be current residential and mailing address)
• Spouse Passport Copy (If married)
• Passport Size Photo (High Resolution image with white or light color background)
• Signature (On plain white paper, thumb impression in case of applicants below age 5)
• OCI Card (front 2 and last 2 pages)- You will need to send the ORIGINAL OCI Card later in case of physical renewal.
Processing Duration: 5-6 Weeks
Note: Time duration is only an estimate and not a guarantee since the approval of the OCI rests with
the sole discretion of the Consulate/Embassy.
Consular Fee (USA): $78 (Including return courier)
Consular Fee for Lost or Damaged OCI Card: $178 (Including return courier)
Consular Fee for online Update of Passport and Photo: Gratis
$225 for Physical Renewal
$145 for Online Update of Passport & Photo